Friday, April 13, 2012

To Put It Bluntly...

[Yeah, I'd be smiling this much too if I was in her place.]

...I'm a little bit jealous of Emily Blunt (and I can never resist a good play on words). She's got a filmography full of big movies, is the face of a YSL fragrance, gets to don all the designer duds she wants, includes Michael Buble as an ex-boyfriend, and--sigh--is now married to John Krasinski. And that isn't all. She stars in the recent film Salmon Fishing in the Yemen with Ewan McGregor--sigh again, love him in Moulin Rouge!--and will hit theaters soon in The Five-Year Engagement with Jason Segel--third sigh, "How I Met Your Mother," anyone? 
But somehow, despite how much I curse my life when I compare it to this woman's, I can't help but really like her (and maybe feel another girl crush coming on). Because even though she has landed my dream role as Mrs. Jim Halpert, she can really act and always looks so polished yet original on the red carpet (see below). And I have to admit that her posh accent gets me too. Ah, it's always back to the accent with me. Something about those Brits' voices is just so mesmerizing. 

10.
[Cleaned-up hippie in Andrew Gn]

9.
[Fit for a royal wedding in Zuhair Murad]

8.
[Sleek and gamine in Tom Ford]

7.
[Peachy (and gorgeous) in an intricate Elie Saab Haute Couture design]

6.
[Playful print, classic shape by Naeem Khan]

5.
[Refreshing in a cool blue Roksandra Ilincic number]

4.
[Dramatic in a businesswoman-meets-fashion-plate confection]

3.
[Red-hot in Edition by Georges Chakra]

2.
[Sweet but not saccharine in Prada]

1.
[All-out glamourous in Calvin Klein Collection]


xo Heidi
[PRESS PLAY: "Ocean Breathes Salty" by Modest Mouse. Available on iTunes.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment