Friday, April 20, 2012

Hair Rut

1
[Smoothed back bun + smokey eyes + nude lips]

Some Fridays can be tough. In the beauty department, that is. A bad hair day can ruin everything, and as vain as that sounds, it's all too true. An awkward bend, flat and lifeless strands, and frizz that refuses to disappear are only three problems I deal with on a regular basis when primping for the night. And after a long week when all I really want to do is go out and relax, fiddling around with a brush at the last minute can be frustrating enough to make me wish I was just staying in. An extension of my previous post, these photos serve as an easy solution to this age-old problem; when I'm in a rut and need an idea on the spot, I can turn to these classic looks and copy away. Some require a curling iron, while others only call for two hands and two seconds, so no matter what mood I'm in, I'll never again have to see a mess of hair staring back at me in the mirror at 9:30 P.M.

Bonus: The pics provide a jump-start for figuring what to do makeup-wise as well. 


2
[Parted/piecey pony + hair clip + contoured cheeks]


3
[Loose topknot + mascara + bare shoulders (bunny optional)]


4
[Teased curls + lots of hairspray + eyeliner on top lash]


5
[Different sized braids + beachy waves + bold eyebrows + clean makeup]


6
[Voluminous updo + black sash + cateye liner]


7
[Wild curls + small poof + pink lipgloss]


8
[Wavy ponytail + tiny bow]


9
[Glam waves + deep side part + hot red lips + false eyelashes]


[Teased waves + minimal makeup + boho headband]


[Messy fishtail braid + twisted back bangs + copper eyeshadow + clear lipgloss]


[Half-up hair + bouncy curls + rosy cheeks + pink matte lips]


xo Heidi
[PRESS PLAY: "Back Against the Wall" by Cage the Elephant. Available on iTunes.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment