Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Festival Fashion

Emma Watson and Lily Collins at this year's Coachella

I still clearly recall the utter excitement surrounding my first concert. I was seeing the A*Teens, the Swedish teen pop group with an affinity for ABBA songs, and I was about 10. I remember having a lot of fun, but I also remember what I wore: tiny braids all over my head and an abundance of glitz thanks to my roll-on body glitter stick (bubblegum-scented, no less). And while what was cute in fifth grade definitely would not fly now, even back then I realized how the feverish ambience of concerts can affect your look. 
Some more recent (and less shimmery) examples? The Coachella Music Festival, which took place over the last couple weeks, and the British Glastonbury, which happens in June. Coachella always occurs in the spring and features of-the-moment performers, so obviously the attendees (many are celebs) dress the part. Very bohemian, sometimes punky, borderline hippie, and oh-so Cali cool, it's an excuse to wear fringe vests, floppy hats, and anything crocheted; that alone is enough to make me want to drive out to Indio, CA. But since I missed this year's festival, and a plane ticket to England is a little out of the question, I'm hoping to hit up Milwaukee's Summerfest or Chicago's Lollapalooza. Because, hey, I can work feather earrings and a fedora just as well in the Midwest as I can in the desert.

Alessandra Ambrosio at Coachella 2010

Emma Roberts and Chord Overstreet at this year's Coachella

Katy Perry at Coachella 2011

Emma Watson at Glastonbury 2010

Sienna Miller at Glastonbury 2010

Katy Perry at this year's Coachella

Diane Kruger at this year's Coachella

Camilla Belle at Coachella 2011

Ashley Greene at Coachella 2011


All images via marieclaire.co.uk & instyle.com


xo Heidi
[PRESS PLAY: "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men. Available on iTunes.] 


No comments:

Post a Comment