Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Get Ready for the Drop

[Prada's retro spring looks were completed with cateye shades and ultra-feminine cocktail earrings.]

As I've mentioned before, I truly don't consider myself much of a girlie-girl. I wear a lot of t-shirts and my nails are more often unpainted than painted (I blame laziness). But one sector of femaledom I do heavily indulge in is jewelry. Chunky necklaces, layered bracelets, and mismatched rings overflow my jewelry box right now, but I have the greatest weakness for earrings. From tiny studs to super long tassels to colorful metal pendants, my ears are typically bedecked in any style under the sun. That's why I'm so excited about the comeback of drop earrings (sometimes called cocktail earrings). And this season's take on them is still undeniably ladylike but a bit ballsier, very I-drink-tea-with-my-breakfast-but-can-do-a-kegstand-as-well. Or maybe that's just how I see them.


Left-Right from Top Row: Imperial Ice Drops, $24, baublebar.com// ASOS Heart and Pearl Drop Earrings, $14.32, asos.com// Sweet Zinnia Chandelier Earrings, $98, katespade.com// MARC BY MARC JACOBS 'Bonkers' Statement Earrings, $78, nordstrom.com// 3D Point Drop Earrings, $20, topshop.com// Dannijo Silver-plated Swarovski Crystal Drop Earrings, $99, theoutnet.com// Dangling Flower Earrings, $4.80, forever21.com

xo Heidi
[PRESS PLAY: "Kiss with a Fist" by Florence + the Machine. Available on iTunes.]

No comments:

Post a Comment