Tuesday, March 20, 2012

On a Hot Streak

[The big screen's Katniss Everdeen in an undeniably sexy Tom Ford cocktail dress that features gold zipper trim]

I have yet to finish reading The Hunger Games, but if Jennifer Lawrence's recent string of winning ensembles is any indication of the movie adaptation's own greatness, I'm already a diehard fan. 
The up-and-coming A-lister (at the tender age of 21, she's already scored an Oscar nod for her role in 2010's Winter's Bone) has been ringing in the latest trilogy-to-film franchise in a number of unique but oh-so flattering pieces, each more different than the next. From a form-fitting Prabal Gurung column in gold lame to a melon-hued confection by Marchesa, this past week's wardrobe has been a stylish one for Jennifer. 
But it isn't her first time being pegged a fashionista. At least not by me; I think I knew I liked this Kentucky native ever since I saw her down-to-earth chats with red carpet correspondents at last year's Oscars. Or maybe it was her red-hot Calvin Klein gown I was fawning over. Either way, like her fictional counterpart Katniss, Jennifer Lawrence isn't disappearing any time soon.
[Looking powerful and goddess-like in a gold Ralph Lauren gown]

[Perfectly complementing her sultry gold Prabal Gurung number with a subtle, equally-golden tan]

[Beaming in a bubbly and bright lace Marchesa frock and matching peep-toes]

xo Heidi
[PRESS PLAY: "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap. Available on iTunes.]


No comments:

Post a Comment