Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Obsessing Over...

...the new trailer for On the Road

Although I mainly write about style, one of my other passions is books. I've always been a fan of English class, and I love how much you can learn from a piece of literature, especially after dissecting and discussing it; you end up seeing things you didn't think were in the text before. And when I really connect with a story and its characters, the book takes a hold of me just the way a great movie does. I've found just that with Jack Kerouac's On the Road, the 1957 all-American tale of the Beat generation, sex, drugs, adventure, and self-discovery. 
I finished reading it about a month ago, so when I came across the trailer for the novel's film adaptation, I couldn't have been more thrilled. Although I'm a firm believer that the movie version is never as good as the book (though this past year's The Help was the best book-to-big-screen movie I've ever seen), I love seeing printed stories come to life on screen, and this time is no exception. With Francis Ford Coppola as a producer and big names like Garrett Hedlund, Amy Adams, Viggo Mortensen, and Kirsten Dunst in the lead roles, I have high hopes that this movie will do Kerouac proud. 
xo Heidi 

No comments:

Post a Comment