Friday, March 16, 2012

Rewind and Unwind


After a nearly 85 degree day (and the past few 75 degree days), the summer mindset of taking it easy and savoring every minute seems to be leaking into the brains of the general population on my campus. And I'm not immune. The steamy days and cool June-like nights have me fooled into thinking summer's only weeks away. I can't help but dream about road-tripping to Tennessee to visit my friend, going on morning walks, chatting outside of Starbucks with my girlfriends, and enjoying grilled meals of corn on the cob and steak with my family. But it's merely March, and those activities will have to wait a little longer. However, relaxation doesn't have to be tied to the summer months only. One way to play up the lovely weather and take a breather from the reality of winter: music. I'm sure everyone has a few songs on their playlist that reflect the mellowness of summer nights relaxing by a bonfire or getting ice cream. Here are some of mine...
"Oxford Comma" by Vampire Weekend
"Blister in the Sun" by Violent Femmes
"Dancing in the Moonlight" by Toploader
"Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
"The Joker" by Steve Miller Band
"Send Me On My Way" by Rusted Root
"Us" by Regina Spektor
"Baby I Love Your Way" by Peter Frampton
"Champagne Supernova" by Oasis
"About Mr. Brown" by O.A.R.
"Yellow Ledbetter" by Pearl Jam 
"Somebody Like You" by Keith Urban
"Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley
"Bubble Toes" by Jack Johnson
"See the World" by Gomez
"Hide Me Babe" by Garrett Hedlund
"Bennie and the Jets" by Elton John
"Shine" by David Gray
"Where Are You Going" by Dave Matthews Band
"Sea of Love" by Cat Power
 All available on iTunes.

xo Heidi 

No comments:

Post a Comment