Monday, May 21, 2012

Sunshine Reading

[Currently trying to finish (I started it in the midst of finals week) 
Mindy Kaling's hilariousness in book form]


Now that my summer has officially begun--still can't believe it!--I'm doing tons of what I do best: list making. The longest list happens to be my summer goals list, which includes drinking more water and tea, exercising everyday, wearing more color, bike-riding more often, exploring Madison and Chicago, and reading a lot. After declaring my English major this past semester, I've realized how many dang books there are that I want to read. So, naturally, another list was born. Filled with works ranging from classics to contemporary lit, comedies to dramas, and quick reads to gotta-have-a-dictionary-by-you reads, my reading list is quite all-encompassing. But that's the kind of girl I am; sure, I like Shakespeare, but I'm not going to limit my literary intake to Elizabethan tragedies when Chelsea Handler's books stock shelves as well. 

Here's the start of my list:
-Emma, Jane Austen
-Dracula, Bram Stoker
-Twelfth Night, Shakespeare
-The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin
-The Girl Who Played With Fire, Steig Larsson
-The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Steig Larsson
-The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand
-Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy
-War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy
-Are You There, Vodka? It's Me Chelsea, Chelsea Handler
-I've Got Your Number, Sophie Kinsella
-The Age of Miracles, Karen Thompson Walker
-Love in the Time of Cholera, Gabriel Garcia Marquez
-A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens
-The Road, Cormac McCarthy
-The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Rebecca Skloot
-The Imperfectionists, Tom Rachman
-The Fault in Our Stars, John Green
-Major Pettrigrew's Last Stand, Helen Simonson
-Olive Kitteridge, Elizabeth Strout


What are you bookworms reading this summer? Any recommendations?

xo Heidi 
[PRESS PLAY: "Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. Available on iTunes.]

No comments:

Post a Comment