Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Majoring in Anthropologie


I think it's safe to say Anthropologie has swept me off my feet. Or that I'm whipped. By a middle-to-high-end retailer. I only walked into the store for the first time 3 years ago, and since that very day, we've had an on-off relationship. When I sometimes decide that the hemlines are a little too "mommish," Anthropologie immediately puts out a stunner and I take back my unsaid insult. Or when I figure I won't purchase the $300 dress, so why even bother trying it on, that notion passes and I find myself pantless (in the dressing room, duh). And when I begin to stray from the store's whimsical window displays due to its price range being a bit too much for a college student, I always return shortly after, even if it's just to ransack the sale section. Because it isn't just the store's romantic artsiness and vanilla-y, pomegranate-y, olive leaf-y scented entranceway that lures a girl in and makes her take her clothes off. What is it, then? Well, I think these picks of Anthropologie's merchandise speak for themselves. 

Fun Fact: Since becoming acquainted with the store, my birthday wish as I blow out candles has become for Anthropologie to have a ridiculously huge going-out-of-business sale, but then, of course, for them to announce they were just kidding, but yeah, you can keep the scored clothes. Hey, it's my birthday. Let me dream.





















P.S. Anthro, if you're reading this, I'm sorry about the "mommish" comment. I was probably just taking lingering frustration out on you at the time. You know I love you. You're beautiful, baby. Let's not fight. <3, H

xo Heidi 

No comments:

Post a Comment