Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fettucine & Asparagus

[Cooking Light's Creamy Spring Pasta: 408 Calories for 1 1/4 cups.
Olive Garden's Fettucine Alfredo: 1220 Calories for about 2 cups.]

Any one of my friends or family members could tell you I'm an ample eater...with "ample" being a bit of an understatement. I can out-devour almost everyone I've met, including guys. Although I've learned over the years how to temper my special gift, there was an instance a few years ago that was nothing if not disgusting (and slightly impressive)--I downed a whole plate of Olive Garden fettucine alfredo in literally 5 minutes at most. While I thoroughly enjoyed it, I soon discovered the nutritional facts of what I had so quickly and carelessly gobbled down, and for a while, I avoided alfredo sauce altogether. But when I came across this recipe from Cooking Light, I figured I could give it a whirl without having to toss out my skinny jeans. And I'm so glad I did; it's creamy as can be, perfectly garlicky, and contains veggies. Being the pig I am never felt so healthy. 







xo Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment