Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tiny Palm Trees


 As February drags on, I can't help but dream of warmer climates; then again, what place isn't toastier than Wisconsin? Spring Break lingers around the corner, but after a week of writing last-minute papers and cooping myself up inside to catch up on required reading (100 pages of Chaucer on a Wednesday night isn't exactly my ideal way to spend an evening), I need a vacation now. But plane tickets remain pricey--and oh yeah, I've got class!--and my only respite  happens to be browsing online stores and planning my summer wardrobe. 
So when I came across this fun sleeveless blouse from TopShop, I knew it was a must-have. Featuring little white palm trees on a baby pink backdrop, every detail from the colors to the cut satisfies my thirst for warmth and summer. Moreover, the top's boxy, drop-arm shape adds class to a quirky print and allows it to be layered under cardigans for the remainder of winter. But what will I do when that tropic-reminiscent weather finally arrives? I'll giddily pull out a pair of high-waisted denim shorts or a flowy midi skirt to pair with this blouse, welcoming the hot temps with open arms. 

xo Heidi

[PRESS PLAY: "Holocene" by Bon Iver. Available on iTunes.] 


No comments:

Post a Comment