Thursday, February 9, 2012

Spring Fashion Recap

It's like the September issue in the middle of February. And it's here! New York Fashion Week kicked off today, and in honor of the occasion, I've gathered my favorite looks from the fall shows' spring collections. Here are some of the looks I hope to sport ASAP:

[Dolce & Gabbana's loud flower (and vegetable) prints are the perfect solution for a lazy girl like me--they don't require any accessorizing.]

[The drop-waist, tea-length and maxi dresses at Chanel were a refreshing switch-up from the millions of micro-minis of the last several seasons.]

[Gatsby who? Gucci's flapper-inspired pieces sparkled enough to make way for a whole new era (or at least year): Roarin' 2012.]

[Unexpected pops of fluorescent lime and fuchsia sprinkled the catwalk at Jason Wu, and the interestingly cupcake-like shape of the skirts and dresses were plain delectable.]

[Ah, Dior always kills it. Classic ladylike shapes met modernity through sheer fabrics and pastel colors like this cool mint.]

[Peter Som's collection of hot, summer-ready ensembles featured graphic motifs and vibrant hues. I mean, what screams middle-of-July better?

[Defining the word "confection," Louis Vuitton put forth buoyant frocks with elaborate embellishments like eyelet lace and radiant feathers.]

[Utterly cool Lanvin demonstrated the power of great design. Without much color or ornamentation, the outfits were the essence of minimalist-chic. If I didn't know before, I sure do now: less is definitely more.]

[The movement, the glitz, the saturated shades of yellow, green, and blue. Elie Saab truly made it difficult to decide on the best-loved dimension of his collection. So I chose a dress that incorporates all of the above.]


[With my favorite spring 2012 ready-to-wear collection, Valentino made it impossible for me to pick just one outfit. The pieces ranged from diaphanous, lacy sets to Victorian era dresses with splashes of neon, but what did I really love most? The Heidi braids that topped the head of each model. Call me biased.]

xo Heidi

[PRESS PLAY: "Float On" by Modest Mouse. Available on iTunes.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment