Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gettin' Handsy

Cute and cheeky in a bold red color. AND on sale. 
Hurry up, little shoppers.

Winters in Chicago and Wisconsin are far from what most would consider pleasant, but I've always had an unexpected preference for the cold; I'd take 45 degrees over 85 or ninety degrees any day. Curiously, the briskness and bite of the chilly air and the way the sunlight plays off the accompanying snow have always lifted my spirits. That is, if I'm covered up. Over the weekend I thoughtlessly forgot to don a pair of mittens or gloves when I went out--3 times. So when I saw these Kate Spade Hi 5 Mittens, I (and my frozen fingers) became desperately infatuated, even more so when I discovered that they're marked down from $65 to $32. Simple but sportive, they even lend a chance to make a new friend if I take heed of the pair's clearly knit (and possibly instructive?) phrase. But on second thought, I think I'll avoid walking down the street with my hand positioned and waiting mid-air.

xo Heidi
[PRESS PLAY: "Cousins" by Vampire Weekend. Available on iTunes.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment