Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Babies Be Crazy

Clothes clockwise from top left: Baby Dior Flower Dress, $605; Dolce & Gabbana Mixed-Media Dress, $265; Reed & Barton ZoomZoom Baby Flatware Set, $50;
Burberry Check Jumper, $155.
As I often do on gloomy days, I was browsing Neiman Marcus's online store this morning, drooling over bags and dresses whose prices equal my college tuition. Eh, who am I kidding, I do this pretty much every day. But that's neither here nor there, because in a moment of strength I was able to peel my eyes off of these Lanvin flats long enough to realize that the website also includes a baby boutique. Tickled by the adorable thought of teeny, tiny clothes, I decided to explore the section. And that's when I had a moment where if I had been taking a sip of water, it would have ended up spit out all over my Mac. Dior, Burberry, Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Armani. Damn, babies these days have it all (flatware?)! I mean, hey, don't get me wrong. I obviously appreciate designer wear, and I'd definitely drop some cash on it if I could. But babies in $600 couture? Pooping, vomiting, drooling (yeah, I realize I mentioned myself doing just this a few sentences ago) babies? Not to mention they grow like weeds. Sorry to my future kiddies, but any baby who owns an outfit that costs more than my rent will receive a time-out from me personally.
BUT. I am no stranger to less than practical splurging. Here are a few more reasonable, pint-sized pieces I could get on board with. Even if they do elicit my oh-so obnoxious baby voice. Side note: My someday baby will definitely wear itty bitty Uggs. And wittle TOMS fwats too.

Left to right: Little Marc Jacobs Miss Marc Peek-a-boo Diaper Cover, $45; Ugg Australia Erin Boot in "Neon Violet," $50; TOMS Gold Glitter Shoe Tiny, $34.

All clothing available at neimanmarcus.com

xo Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment