Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Case of the Blues

Essie's Bikini So Teeny, $8, essie.com
While I'm a sucker for any red mani (the affinity ranges from bright cherry red all the way to vampy brownish crimson), something about the summer, perhaps its abundance of sunlight and the resulting way the world looks more vibrant, urges me to paint my nails unexpected colors. And although neons have hogged spots as the season's go-to nail polish hues, their brazenness that I once loved has grown boring--call me desensitized by brights. 
My new cool drink of water? Essie's Bikini So Teeny. The name makes my stomach drop (please don't make me put one of those on right now!), but the sweet cornflower-y, periwinkle-y shade is nothing less than soothing. While the polish sacrifices no playfulness, I imagine that this little bottle of blue may be the next most tranquil thing after a lounge by the pool. Then again, the polish doesn't require any sticky sunscreen, so Essie just might win this one.

xo Heidi 

No comments:

Post a Comment