Monday, July 16, 2012

Inspired By...

...Stacy and Linda (Jennifer Jason Leigh and Phoebe Cates) 
in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, circa 1982

What do high-waisted jeans and boxy sweaters and pleated pants all have in common? Oh, just the fact that the mentions of each would have made me cringe a mere two years ago. And the fact that each is on my fall shopping list. But that's the funny thing about fashion; as worn-out as this sounds, it always repeats itself. And that may be why old movies are such rich inspiration for a wardrobe and surprisingly fresh motivators before a shopping trip. 
So go watch Fast Times, witness the classic shenanigans, soak up the style, and buy yourself some "mom" jeans. Strangely, you'll probably look cooler than you have in a while (but don't tell Mom). Besides, I'm not sure about you, but now the thought of super lowrider jeans, the ones I wore in 2005, makes me ill--they'll create a muffin top without fail!--and I'd much prefer a pair with a higher rise. But that's not to say I'll be fornicating in baseball dugouts anytime soon. Come on, Stacy. Clean it up.



Hawaiian Print Shirt, asos.com
Striped Sweater, nastygal.com
Hair Feather, asos.com
Leggings, gap.com
High-waisted Jeans, topshop.com
Pleated Shorts, americanapparel.net

xo Heidi



No comments:

Post a Comment