Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Bits & Pieces

[ Decorative trumpets proudly sprout from the side of Macy's (RIP Marshall Fields), making a winter stroll in downtown Chicago just that much more Christmasy. ]


While I expected nothing less, my Christmas this year was warm, happy, and relaxing. A couple days before the 25th, I headed downtown with my friends from home for some last minute holiday window-shopping and wandering amongst the busy crowds. I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at home with my family as always, and somewhere between all the feasting and generous gifting I realized how truly blessed I am. My blog tends to focus on life's fun yet unnecessary details like shopping and clothing, and this time of year especially makes me conscious of how fortunate I am to have the pleasure of even writing about these things. I hope your Christmases left you with just as much joy and gratitude as mine did.


[ I was lucky enough to receive a pair of red Hunter rainboots, which sat at the top of my Christmas list. In a bold cherry color, these are sure to come in handy for long, cross-campus treks through rain and snow. ]


[ One of my best friends showed off her Christmas spirit in her classic Santa hat while I snapped candids of her and my other buds eating roasted nuts and singing carols. ]


[ These Kimchi Blue platform pumps ($69, urbanoutfitters.com) remind me that the holiday season is far from over with New Year's Eve just days away. The on-trend block heel and ritzy glitter make them the perfect post-Christmas gift to buy for yourself. ]


xo Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment