Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Little Stripes

Zebra Crossing Scarf, $24, fredflare.com

There's something to be said about those tiny plastic animals I played with as a child. Everything from their smell to their texture switches on a remembering light in my head, and merely picking up one sends me back to an age of extensive journeys to imaginary realms, a place where time seemed to stand still. Too bad it didn't truly stand still, though, because here I am, halfway through college, being hurriedly catapulted into the adult world. The Barbies and Beanie Babies that were once at my fingertips have been suddenly replaced by coffees and a laptop. Needless to say, I'm long overdue for a trip to the zoo. So thank you, Fred Flare, for making the Zebra Crossing Scarf available to all of us speedily aging kids. With one sheer garment, you've enabled a breezy summer evening to become oh-so much more: a trip down memory lane and a quirky-cool reminder to slow down and smell the zebras.

xo Heidi 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment